In the early 1950’s a large new housing estate was built in Harold Hill and the Brentwood Road Evangelical Free Church applied to build and plant a church in this community. Land was purchased from London City Council for this purpose and planning permission granted in October 1954

From 30th July – 21st August 1955 a tent campaign was held on the grass facing Hilldene Avenue to attract people to come and find out about the new church and what it stood for. As soon as this finished services commenced in the newly built building which was officially opened on 17th September 1955. The first Pastor was Rev. Harry Scott, a former London City Missionary, whose induction was held on 1st December 1956.

Since then the church has changed, grown and developed but still seeks to show God’s love to the community in which it stands.